The best way to cooked for Atay at Balunbalunan ng Manok is adobo, dry and spicy adobo. This dish is also a favorite pulutan in the Philippines.
- 1/2 k. chicken gizzard
- 1/2 k chicken liver
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 3 bay leaf
- 3-5 pcs. chili pepper
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- Cut in to halves and remove hard inner lining of chicken gizzard, cut chicken liver into serving pieces.
- Wash thoroughly the chicken gizzard and liver and drain keep aside.
- Put in gizzard first in a sauce pan, pour in 5-6 cups of water, add in vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, pepper corns and bay leaf bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken gizzard are tender.
- Add in the chicken liver and chili, cook for another 5-10 minutes or until cooked and sauce thickens to nearly dry, season with salt as if required.
- Serve with rice or serve for pulutan.
- Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Uncategorized