- 1 kilo lean beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 large size, ampalaya, split in halve de-seaded, sliced crosswise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2-1 tsp. sugar
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, cornstarch and a dash of salt and pepper for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and stir fry beef in batches until color change to brown and start to sizzle and set aside.
- In the same wok sutee garlic and onion.
- Add in the ampalaya and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes then add in about 1/3 cup of water, oyster sauce, sugar and beef.
- Stir cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, thicken sauce with cornstarch diluted in 1/4 cup of water, continue to cook for about 30 seconds more or until sauce thickens. Correct seasoning if required.
- Serve hot.
- Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Beef