Beef and Broccoli Stirfry. Stir-fry dishes are quick and easy to prepare especially beef. Beef are best cooked quickly to maintain their flavors and tenderness, when they are overcooked they tend to get hard which ultimately need to be cook longer to get it tender. The Ilocanos cook their beef as quickly as palatable, which they call imbaliktad or kinigtot dishes. Beef can be stir cook with your choice of vegetables.
- 1/2 kilo lean beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 large size, broccoli, cut into serving pieces, stem thinly sliced
- 1 medium size carrot, sliced
- 1 medium size bell pepper, julienne
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, a dash of salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and stir fry beef in batches until color change to brown and start to sizzle and set aside.
- In the same wok, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer for a minute.
- Add in the broccoli stems and carrot, stir cook for 1-2 minutes then add in the broccoli floret and bell pepper, stir cook for another 2-3 minutes or until just cook.
- Now add in the beef and stir cook for a minute or two. Correct seasoning if required.
- Serve hot.
Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Uncategorized