KAMOTE QUE is a popular street food that is cooked similar to banana-que, it is deep fried slices of sweet potatos with caramelized sugar coating in bamboo skewer. The cooking procedure is the similar to banana-que. Kamote-que is peddled by street vendors near the premises of school campuses or along the streets where there is a lot of foot traffic. Kamote-q is very popular to school student as they are very filling and cheap.
- 1 kilo big size kamote, sweet potato
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 liter cooking oil
- bamboo skewer
- Using a small knife remove skin of each sweet potato and slice/cut crosswise about 3/4 inches thick.
- In a large wok at high flame heat cooking oil.
- Put the sliced sweet potato in the wok and deep fry for 8-10 minutes or until color change to light brown.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the sweet potato and continue to fry and stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes or until sugar has melted and have infused to the sweet potato.
- Remove sweet potato from wok and drain excess oil.
- Using large bamboo skewer string 3 slices of sweet potato together.
Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Featured