PAKSIW NA PATA NG BABOY. Pork leg is cooked in vinegar and soy sauce it is almost similar to that popular adobo or humba except that dried banana blossoms is added. It is best cook very tender where meat start to peel off the bones and the skin texture is almost like gelatin.
- 1 k. pork pata
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 head garlic, crushed
- 1 pkt. banana blossoms
- 3 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. peppercorns
- Ask the butcher to saw cut pata crosswise at 1 1/2” in thickness, Wash pork pata thoroughly and drain.
- Marinate the pork pata in the mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a sauce pan, put the marinated mixture add peppercorns, bay leaf and enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil and simmer in low heat for 1-2 hours or until meat is tender and until sauce thickens.
- Remove all scum that rises to the surface. Watch the liquid level and add water if necessary. Pork skin should be soft like gelatin.
- Add banana blossom, season with salt and sugar to taste, simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Uncategorized